Friday, October 12, 2007

Work Together!

The two projects I chose from were Philip Mancuso and Sarah Zale's Project.

Thumbnail Sketches


I chose the the two ideas not just because they were my favorite of each person's, but also because of the fact that they would match together in an interesting fashion. Regarding the thumbnail sketches, I did have little bit of problem coming up with the various ideas for it.

Philip's Egg PlaceMore Egg, Less Memory

I like the idea of Philip's inverted topographical map. I wanted the ideas all to have the same stepping idea of the map. In this case, since this idea is closer to Philip's, I believed the characteristics should only hint at Sarah's, which is why it is in cube form.

Combination of the Two
I like how this came out. It is the middle ground of the two initial projects. I made four cubes with an open side on each. Every side has only one open box with the shards inside. It has the cubes and spikes of Sarah's project while still stepping upwards, like Philip's.
More Memory, Less Egg

This idea looked better in my sketchbook. I think it would have been better with more thought and patience. I wanted to literally play up the colors as well as shards sticking out.

Sarah's Memory

No comments: