Tuesday, October 2, 2007

All Those Memories

Final ProjectSo, I did not change too much from my second iteration. I solved the infinite problem by connecting the edges so that it never stops. The seams are covered with the beads on either side. I felt it would be impacting if I made both sides the same for it would really make it seem never ending. I have to say, I did not care for the final project as much as the second iteration but I was satisfied nonetheless.
Second Iteration
I actually enjoyed this iteration. I wanted to hint at a creek without completely giving it away and I think I accomplished that. The beads symbolize my playtime buddies. One thing I had trouble with was creating a sense of flow and a never ending quality. I thought our creek went on forever and I wanted to capture that in this piece. The endpoints are just that and I did not know how to show infinite.
First Iteration
I don't really like this iteration. This memory I have is so strong that I had trouble figuring out what i wanted to incorporate into it. It did not turn out how I planned, but it did help me understand which direction to take from then on.

My Memory
When I was four, I moved into a new house with a creek in the backyard. The way I made friends was through the creek. Since it runs through the backyards of the neighborhood, all of the kids would meet up and play in it. Naturally at such a young age, I thought the creek was so massive; walking up and down the creek would become such an adventure. In reality, the creek is much smaller, only a few feet wide. My memory is not so much about playing in the water as much as youthfully bonding with others.

No comments: