Monday, October 8, 2007

Artistic Autograph


So, this was our first "short" project, and I must say that I did not enjoy some of it (i.e- the display structure!!!!!). This is not to say I disliked all of it; I really liked the self portraits. It was time to turn the tables, and instead of analyzing others, we were now to analyze ourselves. When I sat down and started to draw myself in eight different ways, I began to notice small details that I hadn't before, things that I would not notice because I can't actually see my features all of the time.
I had the hardest time with the structure to display the images. In the beginning, I sketched the design before I did the portraits. As I worked on the portraits, my structure altered and seemed to get more intricate. By the time I was finished with all of the drawings, I had this idea for a structure that was way too overpowering. I ended up making it fairly simple so that the images would be on display, not the piece holding it. I thought the construction would not be too time consuming, but was I wrong! It took forever! By the time I finished, I could have kicked and jumped all over it. The structure refused to stay together. I used every single glue product that I had, and it still would not completely hold.
Though I still remain frustrated with the structure, I am very happy with my self portrait project. The images turned out well and the structure holds up, just as long as you don't poke at it too hard!!!

No comments: