Monday, September 8, 2008

Post Card 2


Dear Ms. Paige,

First off, let me say that the steps taken by the university, for a more sustainable environment, are great. I’m sure tray less dining and portion control certainly aids in waste management, however I believe more can be done to progress this issue. I ate at the Caf all last year, and I must say that quantity really trumps quality. Students are given too much selection, and it seems that, subsequently, the food lacks in both nutrition and appeal. I feel that we could manage the waste by providing students with less variety, but higher quality food to choose from. Possibly there could be a poll regarding the least and most popular selections. The assortment of food could be extensively cut, and that would allow for higher quality and less waste. Not only would money be saved, but the Caf may just gain a better reputation!

Thank you,

Sara Easterling

IARC 2nd Year

No comments: