Monday, February 18, 2008

Cozy Corners and Comfort Food

I drew on the outdoor patio of Foster's Market in Durham. The sun was out, the flowers were in bloom, and the people were there in the masses. I got myself some lunch and set out to find a secluded table where I could draw in peace. Naturally in popular restaurants, seclusion does not exist. It seemed that I had not had my sketchbook open for more than a minute when a group of chatty women, which I later deemed, the "seagulls," decided to gossip at the table behind me. I think the sketches turned out okay, even if I could barely concentrate.




The roof and beams of the patio are covered in vines. They add so much character to the space. Even though some patches haven't been trimmed back in years, I love them just the same


Coffee and soup...comfort food? I think so




Behold the noisiest seagull of them all. I was actually surprised this woman didn't choke on her food; she didn't even stop talking to chew...

No comments: