Friday, February 15, 2008

Can I Get Some Perspective?!




I appreciate this sketch on the Buffalo city website because it shows more than one form of entourage. It has both people and cars and, because of the variety plus the fact that is has such a great perspective shot, it works really well.




What I enjoy most about this piece from Mayron Renderings is the interpretation of the scale figures. They are casually drawn in a way that matches the rest of the drawing's style. I also appriciate that there is a person interacting with every aspect of the piece. There are people eating at the tables, people sitting on the couches, behind the counter, and at the computers.


This illustration is by F.M Constantino Inc and I think it is a great example of entourage. Figures fill the entire piece and it has them all in perspective, progressively more defined as they get closer.



When we talked about entourage in class, we agreed that the people in the illustrations should be interactive; they should be doing something that pertains to the sketch. What I love about this drawing is that, even if the people are loosely defined, they each have their own purpose. I can tell the figure on the left is pushing a stroller and the parent and child are coming out of a shop.



AND THE GRAND FINALE...



I laughed for a good five minutes after I came across this piece for Miller Hanson. It puts the space in perspective in a playful and unique way.It is a good example of scale drawings because it has the various levels of subjects. You can tell how deep the pool is, as well as the height from floor to ceiling. Water aerobics is supposedly one of the best forms of exercise... I hope these elders are keeping in top shape!!

No comments: